Imagine stepping into a world where fashion isn’t just about trends but a timeless reflection of heritage and class. That’s the essence of Old Money Style—a sartorial elegance ingrained with a sense of longevity and understated luxury. This approach to dressing, characteristic of affluent families that have maintained their wealth over generations, isn’t about the flashiest or most expensive items but rather the appreciation for quality and classic designs.
Embracing Old Money Style is about curating a wardrobe where each piece resonates with a story of craftsmanship and durability. It’s a vision where tailored blazers, fine knitwear, and well-crafted shoes define not just your look but your commitment to an aesthetic that has stood the test of time. It’s your time to imbue your attire with the quiet confidence and effortless poise that Old Money Style exudes.
What is Old Money Style?
Imagine dressing in a way that speaks of quiet elegance and timeless sophistication—that’s the essence of Old Money Style. It’s not about the flashy logos or the latest trends; it’s about wardrobe staples that stand the test of time.
- Simplicity & Quality: You’ll want to invest in high-quality pieces that emphasize simple lines and understated luxury.
- Classic Colors: Stick to a neutral palette with colors like navy, white, black, and beige for versatility and a touch of class.
- Tailored Fits: Clothes that fit perfectly will always give off that old money vibe, suggesting you value personal tailoring over off-the-rack purchases.
When you’re curating your wardrobe, think of items that your grandparents might have worn, yet they still look stylish today.
- Accessories: Keep it minimal. A well-crafted leather bag or a pair of pearl earrings can complete your look without being overbearing.
- Fabrics: Opt for natural fabrics like wool, silk, and cashmere. These materials are not just luxurious; they’re also durable and comfortable.
Your old money style communicates that your fashion choices are deliberate and timeless. You don’t chase the trends because you don’t need to—your style naturally exudes a refined, heritage-inspired aesthetic that’s always in vogue. Remember, it’s not just clothing; it’s about portraying a lifestyle that favors enduring elegance over fleeting fads.
Old Money Style Guide
Embracing the Old Money Style means choosing outfits that exude an understated elegance and prioritizing classic, timeless fashion. Your wardrobe should be centered around pieces that are less about the latest trend and more about longevity and refinement.
Must-Haves in Your Closet:
- Tailored suit (for men)
- Knee-length skirt (for women)
- Cashmere sweater or cardigan
- Leather loafers or oxfords
- Trench coat
Remember, Old Money fashion is more than clothes; it’s a portrayal of a lifestyle that echoes wealth maintained over generations. Thus, it’s essential to opt for pieces that reflect classic elegance, luxury, and timeless style without being ostentatious. Dressing in Old Money style is about looking polished, but with an air of nonchalance and ease.
In the realm of Old Money style, there are two main facets that define its essence: the specific fashion elements and the distinguishing attitudes connected to it. You’ll discover that both elements and attitudes are intertwined, creating a seamless aesthetic that’s both timeless and classic.
- Classic Silhouettes: Embrace pieces with clean lines such as the iconic blazer that pairs well with jeans or a knee-length skirt as seen in Princess Diana’s timeless style.
- Timeless Pieces: Look for garments that stand the test of time, like a well-tailored coat or a simple yet elegant cashmere sweater.
- Luxurious Fabrics: Invest in high-quality materials like cashmere, silk, and fine wool, which speak to comfort as much as they do to longevity.
- Subtle Sophistication: It’s about understated elegance; being refined, not necessarily the loudest in the room.
- Attention to Detail: Elevate your style with small, precise touches that demonstrate a commitment to quality and fit.
What are signs of old money?
Old money individuals prioritize timeless fashion and avoid trends, opting for high-quality items that last year after year. Education is highly valued in old money circles, with a focus on attending prestigious schools and universities to build connections and network with like-minded individuals.
What is the aesthetic like old money?
Old money aesthetic has also been called quiet luxury, which in my opinion is just one part of what embodies the trend. It’s not only about pieces with less brand logos, but it’s also about a timeless and expensive style that symbolizes high society. And of course, well, the aesthetic is also old.
When did the old money aesthetic start?
The Old Money aesthetic found its roots on TikTok in the summer of 2023. It’s a hashtag associated with “quiet luxury”, quality garments and the lifestyle to match.
If you liked this post about “Old Money Style”, then don’t forget to leave us a comment down below and tell us your experience with Old money style.